Travelmarket Report shared five key trends — disruptions — for the hotel industry as observed on at the Hotel Experience trade show held at the Javits Center. They include:
- The Sharing Economy. “Hotels can’t wish away Airbnb, said Skift CEO Rafat Ali, “but there is mass denial going on among lodging leaders. Airbnb won’t be as transformative for hotels as Uber has been for the taxi industry, but it may be the next big distribution channel, supplanting OTAs.”
- The Reinvention of Legacy Brands. As we’ve discussed here, Millennials are shaking up the hotel experience – and some brands like Marriott are adapting to these changing tastes.
- The Rules about Hotel Restaurants/Food & Beverage Are Changing. The article shares five major changes for hotels in their restaurant/bar operations.
- Meetings and Events are changing. According to the article, event logistics will become more and more automated, event apps and paper money will likely disappear.
- Good News for Travel Agents. Harvey Chipkin reports that there is a “sense of wanderlust among millennials is exponentially greater than the other three generations.” Further, Millennials and the affluent are more likely to use travel agents to help with travel plans as they are groups who “perceive a value in paying for their time.”
Please follow and like us: