Spectacular. That’s the word that comes to mind when you get a glimpse of the Chicago hotel’s 329 room renovation. “We’ve taken inspiration from the existing hotel. And the existing hotel has a strong deco influence,” Bill Rooney, design director of Bill Rooney Studio located in New York City, the mastermind behind the re-design said.
Some of the more impressive details include:
- Each guest room has an “art wall” that is both hand-painted and hand embroidered, incorporating traditional Chinese artisan techniques into the very fabric of the room.
- The Peninsula took great care to source entirely from North America, and regionally when possible.
- Every guest room has 3 tablets where you can find out what’s happening in the hotel or in the city, place a room service order, or read any of 3,000 magazines or newspapers (in any of 55 different languages.)
“We created a room that really accommodates all needs, and immerses that guest in luxury. It’s a space in itself that you like to spend time in,” the New York designer said.
Read More About Luxury Baths:
- Hotels with Sustainable Luxury: The Peninsula Hotel Chicago
- From Around the Web – Five Top Hotel Execs Amenity Trends from Wellness to Wi-Fi
- Why Are Bathrooms SO Important to Your Guests?